Today is the last day of 2016, and let me just say, it’s been a bitch of a year. I’m so glad it’s over. This year has been one of bad decisions, politics, extreme stress and anxiety, and I’ve decided that 2017 needs to be better. Instead of writing New Year’s Resolutions this year as I always break them, I’ve decided to write a list of things I am going to do in order to live a happier, more fulfilled life in 2017. This post is full of links and dates, mainly as reminders for myself, but i hope they help!
- Travel more. Because I’m 22 and why am I not doing that?!
- Go to the Edinburgh Fringe (4th-28th August 2017). I didn’t do this this year, blaming anxiety and finances for not going. I regretted it a lot and am determined to spend a few days experiencing as much as I can.
- Go to the Notting Hill Carnival. (August bank holiday) Every year I’ve heard people rave about this and I’ve never gone. This year, this will change!
- Go to the London Film Festival (October 2017). I loved going to the London Film Festival this year and I’m determined to go again next year, see more films and go to more events! I’m also planning on buying a BFI Membership early next year so I can buy tickets early and make sure I get to all the events I can!
- Spend a day exploring the British Museum. I went here the other week before going to the theatre and I didn’t have nearly enough time. I want to spend an entire day immersing myself in history.
- Go to the theatre more. I love seeing shows at the theatre, and although I’ve seen a lot of good ones this year (The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Legally Blonde, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, In The Heights…) there are so many more I want to see. Aladdin is first on my list!
- Finish Iris. I first started writing Iris in Paris, May 2015. I will finish writing Iris in London, 2017!
- Do more day trips/weekend trips. Although I’ve seen so much of London, I haven’t seen much of the rest of the UK. Canterbury and York are the first two cities to explore on my list.
- Learn to drive. Since I’ve moved home, it’s been decided that I should learn to drive, but I’m absolutely terrified of it. I’m determined to get over this fear this year.
I can’t wait for 2017. Let’s make it a good one!